Our GME Mission Statement in Staten Island NY | RUMCSI
Our GME Mission Statement
At Richmond University Medical Center our mission is to optimize the health and well-being of our patients and their families through excellence in patient care, education and research.
The goals of our Residency Training Programs at Richmond University Medical Center include:
- Dedication to putting the patient first and reducing healthcare disparities
- The Practice of Evidence-Based Medicine
- Desire for lifelong learning and improvement
- Continuous use of quality improvement standards and patient safety protocols
- Use of Communication skills that enhance the patient-physician relationship
- Willingness to advocate for patients in an increasingly complex medical system
- Desire to carry out the professional responsibilities of a physician
- The Practice of the highest standards of ethical behavior and intellectual achievement
- Flexibility to accommodate to the needs of the individual resident and to the entire resident team
- Promotion of the best care, cost-efficient care, patient advocacy, interpersonal and interdepartmental communication, uncompromising professionalism, and teaching skills amongst all of those involved with patients with the ultimate goal for our graduates to become physician leaders in the medical community.