The Medical Center is a not-for-profit health care provider serving the ethnically diverse community of Staten Island and its neighbors. We provide premier quality patient care through a full spectrum of emergent, acute, primary, behavioral health and educational services. We do this in an environment that promotes the highest satisfaction among patients, families, physicians and staff.
The values of the medical center are summarized in the acronym WE CARE:
Welcoming Energized Compassion Advocacy Respect Excellence
We are welcoming and gracious toward each other, and toward all who come to receive our services.
Personnel are energized for quality, creativity, commitment and teamwork.
Compassion is the way we share deep concern and care toward each person.
Advocacy is our activity that promotes the rights and responsibilities of patients, families and staff, in the hospital setting and in the community.
We show respect by recognizing the basic dignity of every person in all our interactions and in the formulation of policies and procedures.
Excellence is our way of demonstrating that we can always be more and always be better.
- To establish a regional identity as Richmond University Medical Center and a regionwide reputation for excellence in providing the highest standards of medical care to the community
- To develop a culture of pride in the history of the institution, the current activities and its initiatives for future growth and expansion
- To be recognized as the provider of choice
- We’re part of the fabric of Staten Island – past, present and future
- We treat patients and loved ones like family – because they are
- We care about the health and wellness of Staten Islanders – because our loved ones matter to us
- We’re investing and planning ahead – to answer the future health care needs of the community
- We’re accountable to everyone we serve – Staten Island patients, loved ones, physicians, nurses and staff
Diversity and Inclusion Statement:
Richmond University Medical Center prohibits discrimination based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, age, culture, language, socioeconomic status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, veteran and/or military discharge status, citizenship status, and /or any other protected status.