Prenatal Care Assistance Program (PCAP) in Staten Island, NY
A healthy baby starts with a healthy pregnancy.
Early and regular checkups are important to you and your baby’s health. You can get the care you and your baby need at Richmond University Medical Center.
Complete Pregnancy Care
The Prenatal Care Assistance Program (PCAP) can help you get the care you need for you and your baby. PCAP offers complete pregnancy care and other health care services to women and teens who live in New York State. There’s no cost to eligible women who participate in PCAP.
What Services Can I Get?
PCAP at RUMC offers you and your baby:
- Routine pregnancy medical check-ups, lab work and access to specialists
- Hospital care during pregnancy and delivery
- Information about pregnancy, labor and delivery
- HIV counseling and testing
- Help in applying for other programs, such as WIC and low- or no-cost health insurance for your children and family
- Full health care for you until at least two months after delivery
- Health care for your baby for at least one year after birth
- Family planning services
… and more!
Who Can Get PCAP Services?
Women and teens who live in New York State who are pregnant and meet certain income guidelines can receive complete medical care during pregnancy and delivery and for at least two months after delivery. You may be eligible even if you have health insurance.
All of your pregnancy care is confidential.
Find Out More
To get more information and a referral to a pregnancy care provider, please call the RUMC’s PCAP at (718)-818-4570 to schedule an appointment. Your call is completely confidential.