Ambulatory Center & G.I./Endoscopy Services in Staten Island, NY
The Ambulatory Center & G.I./Endoscopy Suites at Richmond University Medical Center provide full-service ambulatory G.I. services for children and adults. Each year, thousands of procedures are performed by our experienced physicians, nurses and technicians. Our six state-of-the-art procedure rooms contain the most up-to-date diagnostic and treatment equipment available, including sophisticated monitoring equipment for your safety.
Richmond University Medical Center has a vast number of gastroenterologists and surgeons who provide comprehensive treatment for G.I. and digestive diseases. Our physicians are board certified and have significant experience in the full spectrum of patient care.
Wallen Chan, M.D., Gastroenterology
Keith Dahl, D.O., Gastroenterology
Richard Fazio, M.D., Gastroenterology
Manuel Gonzalez, MD, Gastroenterology
Jeffrey Kalman, M.D, Gastroenterology
Fanny Kasher, M.D., Surgery
George J. Kuczabski, MD, Surgery
Sunil Patel, MD, Gastroenterology
Lance Jung, MD, Surgery
Loren Harris, MD, Surgery
Joseph Roberts, M.D., Gastroenterology
Frederick Sabido, M.D., Surgery
Deepak Vadada, M.D., Gastroenterology
Prasanna Wickremesinghe, M.D., Gastroenterology
Constantine Yiachos, M.D, Gastroenterology
Simon S. Rabinowitz, MD, Gastroenterology, Pediatrics
Jiliu Xu, MD, Gastroenterology, Pediatrics
- Screening Services: The American Cancer Society suggests regular cancer screening for individuals over 50 years of age. We provide screening services and work with the community to promote wellness.
- G.I. Endoscopy: In this simple procedure, a thin tube with a tiny light and miniature video camera is inserted to survey each part of the digestive system.
- EGD or Upper Endoscopy: This provides the same diagnostic tool for the physician, starting from the esophagus.
- Barrett’s Esophagus Evaluation (NEW): As a result of acid reflux, a patient may develop a complication know as Barrett’s esophagus. RUMC has the latest technology to evaluate and diagnose this condition and prescribe treatment.
- Bronchoscopy: The Suite is also equipped to perform a diagnostic bronchoscopy to evaluate advanced pulmonary disease.
- Colonoscopy/Sigmoidoscopy: This examination of the large bowel and part of the small bowel uses a camera on a flexible tube passed through the anus to identify ulceration, polyps or suspicious lesions.
- Surgical Intervention: Our surgical team performs routine and complex surgical procedures to successfully treat and correct any G.I. and digestive disease identified.
On the Day of Your Visit
When you enter the suite, you will be greeted by the receptionist and asked to complete some paperwork. Our professional nursing staff will escort you to your assigned waiting area and then bring you to one of the procedure rooms. To ensure your safety, our staff will ask you several times for your name and date of birth.
Most procedures are brief. After your vital signs are obtained and you have a brief snack, your visit is concluded. Your physician will receive a final report including images that same day.
For your safety, we require a friend or family member to escort you home.
To make an appointment or arrange a tour of our new facility, contact us at (718)-818-3290.