Hospital Visitation Policy
Effective Monday, August 23
VISITATION IS NOT PERMITTED FOR COVID-19 POSITIVE PATIENTS
All visitors must be fully vaccinated (two weeks past final dose of COVID-19 vaccine) and provide proof
All visitors must be screened at the Information Desk in Main Lobby
Any visitor showing signs of illness will be asked to leave immediately and/or not permitted to visit
Visiting is permitted for age 18 and over between 1pm and 6pm unless otherwise designated
Visitors must adhere Visitor Sticker to their outer shirt/jacket in full view
At any time, the number of visitors may be restricted on any unit
I. Inpatient Care Areas:
- MICU/Medical/Surgical/Coronary – One person can visit at a time during designated visiting hours.
- Adult Medical/Surgical Units: One person can visit at a time during designated visiting hours.
- *Pediatric units: Two designated support persons may be present with the patient at all times.
- *Maternity and Labor & Delivery units: Two support persons, including doula, may be present with the patient.
- *Neonatal Intensive Care Units: Two parent/support persons during designated visiting hours.
*During visiting hours from 1pm – 6pm the total number of persons at the bedside must not exceed 2.
- ED, Outpatients Clinics, and Pre-Natal Clinic: Pediatric patients are to be accompanied by one parent or guardian. Adult patients may have accompaniment of one person.
- Ambulatory Surgery and Same Day Surgery: Pediatric patients are to be accompanied by one parent or guardian. Adult patients may have accompaniment of one person in certain situations.
- Patients with Intellectual and/or Developmental Disabilities (I/DD), cognitive impairments, dementia, one support person may remain through their hospitalization.
- Behavioral Health Units: Call the unit for visiting hours.
- On entrance to the hospital, the visitor is to check in at the information desk.
- The visitor will provide photo ID, proof of vaccination and inform the receptionist who they will be visiting.
- A sticker will be issued and is to be affixed to their shirt in full visibility.
- The visitor will receive instructions on hand washing, mask wearing and their temperature will be taken.
III. Key Points
- Children/siblings may accompany parent’s for specialized appointments i.e. OB/prenatal, pediatric. All children must wear a surgical mask.
- Video/FaceTime visits for COVID positive patients may be arranged by calling patient relations department, 718-818-4340
- Families are suggested to coordinate visiting times with other family members/visitors.
- Additional visitors are not permitted to wait in the hospital.
- Visitor must wear surgical mask (can be provided by staff) when in the hospital. No cloth masks
- Visitors are required to return their visitor sticker to the information desk in the main lobby when leaving the building.
- Situations involving end-of-life will be handled on a case by case basis.
Download the policy here.