Visitation Policy + Hours
Effective April 7, 2022
[NO VISITING FOR COVID POSITIVE PATIENTS]
I. Inpatient Care Areas:
- Neonatal Intensive Care Units: Two parents/support persons may visit during designated visiting hours.
- Pediatrics: one parent/designated person may be with the child at all times.
- Inpatient Child Psychiatry: contact unit for time, one parent/guardian per day.
- Labor & Delivery: Two support persons, including doula can be present with the patient in labor. On the day of delivery if the mother tests positive the support person will be tested on-site and must have a negative test and be asymptomatic. Secondary support person (i.e. Doula or other secondary person) must be fully vaccinated and provide proof.
- Maternity: No more than two persons at bedside at any given time. Visitors outside of support persons must comply with hospital visitation guidelines. Visiting times are between 1pm-3pm and 4pm-8pm.
- Patients with Intellectual and/or Developmental Disabilities, Cognitive Impairments, Dementia: one support person may remain through their hospitalization.
- Outpatients Clinics, Pre-Natal Clinic:
- Pediatric patients are to be accompanied by one parent or guardian.
- Adult patients may have accompaniment of one person.
- Ambulatory Surgery & Same Day Surgery:
- Escort may bring the patient to the front entrance lobby and security will direct the patient were they may wait. Escorts cannot remain with the patient or remain in the hospital.
- Emergency Department: 1 visitor per adult patient, 2 visitors per pediatric patient (parents or caregivers only).
* Visitation may be limited or restricted at certain times due to overall activity/capacity in the ED.
- Intensive Care Unit: 1 person may visit during visiting hours 12:00pm-8:00pm
- Medical Surgical Units: 1 person may visit during visiting hours 12:00pm-8:00pm
- Adult Psychiatric Unit: 1 person during visiting hours 2:00pm–3:00pm and 7:00pm-8:00pm
- On entrance to the hospital, the visitor is to check in at the information desk.
- The visitor will provide photo ID, proof of vaccination and inform the receptionist who they will be visiting.
- A sticker will be issued and is to be affixed to their shirt in full visibility.
- The visitor will receive instructions on hand washing, mask wearing and their temperature will be taken.
- Children/siblings may accompany parents for OB/prenatal appointments and must wear a surgical mask.
- Video/FaceTime visits for COVID positive patients may be arranged by calling patient relations department, 718-818-4340
- Visitors are not permitted to wait in the hospital.
- Visitors are required to return their visitor sticker to the information desk in the main lobby when leaving the building.
III. Key Points
- At any time, the number of visitors may be restricted.
- All visitors must be fully vaccinated and provide proof. Booster is encouraged.
- All visitors must be screened at the Information Desk in the Main Lobby. Visitors must be 12 years of age or older.
- Any visitor showing signs of illness will be asked to leave immediately and not permitted to visit.
- Visitor must wear surgical mask when in the hospital. NO CLOTH MASKS
- Visitors may wear their own KN95 mask.
All visitors must remain in patient’s room and adhere to hand hygiene and proper mask/PPE protocols.