Emergency Program (CPEP) in Staten Island, NY
The only program of its kind on Staten Island, the Comprehensive Psychiatric Evaluation Program (CPEP) is a multifaceted treatment program offering a full range of psychiatric emergency services including:
- Crisis intervention in an emergency room setting
- Comprehensive evaluation by a psychiatrist, nurse, and social worker
- Referral and linkage to the appropriate community clinics within 5 days after the CPEP visit
- An extended observation unit (up to 72 hours), if needed
- Alcohol and substance use counseling
- Mobile outreach team
- 24-hour crisis hotline
CPEP is located at 355 Bard Avenue, Staten Island, NY 10310 (inside the main hospital).
Mobile Crisis Outreach Service
The Mobile Crisis team is a component of the Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program (CPEP) which responds to non-emergent crisis in the community to Staten Island residents. The mobile team is a multidisciplinary team that can also offer interim counseling to patients recently discharged from CPEP, the inpatient unit or as deemed necessary. Referrals will be seen within 24-48 hours. Family members, as well as professionals may call the mobile crisis outreach service to make a referral.
- Evaluation and referral services
- Inpatient and outpatient mental health and substance abuse programs for children, adolescents and adults
- Specialized programs for people dually diagnosed with developmental disability or substance abuse disorder and mental illness