We offer the most modern, sophisticated services to diagnose and treat electrical irregularities of the heartbeat, or arrhythmias, a common and potentially life-threatening problem. And because we understand that a caring and supportive environment promotes the healing process, our team of expert cardiologists, nurses, technicians and support staff works together as a cohesive unit to provide first-class service.
Cardiologists who specialize in electrophysiology perform this service in one of our cardiac catheterization suites. This test maps the heart's electrical conduction system to identify the cause of a heart rhythm disturbance and begin the appropriate treatment.
The electrophysiology service provides diagnostic and therapeutic procedures for patients with known or suspected arrhythmias. These procedures include:
- Comprehensive electrophysiology studies with induction of arrhythmia
- Radiofrequency ablation for termination of certain arrhythmias
- Implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD)
- Pacemaker, biventricular ICD and biventricular pacemaker insertions
Noninvasive procedures in the electrophysiology lab include:
- Upright tilt table testing
- Noninvasive programmed stimulation of ICDs