Since 1937 Richmond University Medical Center’s Cancer Program holds the approval of the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons, one of the most prestigious national accreditations in the field of cancer.
Healing Care Across the Continuum
At RUMC, we specialize in providing a comprehensive array of services related to oncology across the continuum. Our oncology network provides state-of-the-art services in a healing environment, close to home.
Our Medical Oncologists
Our physicians are key in providing the latest care in a healing environment. We are proud to include the following physicians on staff at Richmond University Medical Center:
- Thomas J. Forlenza, M.D., Director of Oncology
- Mahmoud H. Aly, M.D., Chief of Hematology/Oncology
- Eli Serur, M.D., Chief, Gynecologic Oncology
- Richard Steinbruck, M.D., Cancer Liaison Physician
- Fanny Kasher, M.D., Breast Clinic Surgeon
- Joan Graziano, M.D.,
- Marc T. Adams, M.D., Director of Radiation Oncology
- Hoon Lee, M.D., Radiaton Oncology
- William Cook, M.D.
- Gustavo Cadavid, M.D.
- Seetha Murukutla, M.D.
- Shamim Salmon, M.D.
- Anibal Ribiero, M.D.
Additionally, oncology specialists are available to meet the needs of our patients. These services include gynecology, pain management, pediatrics, radiation and surgery.
The Ambulatory Oncology Unit offers a quiet, relaxed atmosphere and skilled, caring professionals for patients to receive a wide range of therapies.
*including state-of-the art TomoTherapy
Advanced Diagnostic Services
- Full range of laboratory services
- Imaging services
- CAT scan
- MRI *
- MR angiography and spectroscopy *
- PET scan *
* conveniently located adjacent to the hospital.
For all the advances in technology and technique, health care is, and will always be, reliant on people to make it all happen. Our Cancer Services Team includes nurse professionals who are experienced and certified in dealing with the special needs of cancer patients. Rounding out our interdisciplinary team are the certified tumor registrar, pharmacists, therapists, nutritionists, social workers and technologists. All work toward the common goal of providing first-class, comprehensive, compassionate care.
- Counseling, education, and support
- Discharge planning, home care and hospice referrals
- Pastoral care
- Community agency referrals
For more information about cancer services, please contact Marion Smith, RN, MS, OCN, Oncology Clinical Nurse Specialist and Program Coordinator, at 718-818-1025