Obstetrics and Gynecology
The Obstetrics and Gynecology residency at RUMC is a four-year program with three residents at each level. Our program was recently reapproved by ACGME for another four-year cycle, an indication of our commitment to resident education.
Our residency program, sponsored by New York Medical College, is based at RUMC. With approximately 3,000 deliveries per year and 1,700 operative cases, the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at RUMC offers its residents ample clinical experience as well as extensive didactics.
The department chairman, co-chair and teaching faculty believe strongly that our program combines the best aspects of a smaller teaching program (opportunity for one-on-one instruction, collegiality, etc.) with the cutting-edge technology and educational resources that characterize graduate medical education programs in New York City. After reviewing the material on our website, please feel free to contact us if you have questions or are interested in applying to the residency program.
Michael L. Moretti, M.D.
Jane Ponterio, M.D.
Co-chair & Residency Program Director
Why people are so fond of Staten Island
- Staten Island is the suburban paradise of New York City. It boasts some of the most attractive landscapes, seashore and undeveloped land in the state.
- Staten Island is perfectly located in the suburbs, but just a 30-minute drive or ferry ride away from New York City excitement.
- Staten Island is ideal for families with unlimited parks, amusements and shopping.
- The cultural life on Staten Island is abundant with Snug Harbor, Richmond Town, Conference House, Children’s Museum and Botanic Gardens.
- Staten Island has the lowest crime rate in New York City.
For inquiries regarding the residency program please contact:
Jonathan Pessolano, OB/GYN Residency Coordinator
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Richmond University Medical Center
355 Bard Avenue
Staten Island, NY 10310