Each patient undergoing a surgical procedure is evaluated and given a surgical classification. Depending on the individual patient and surgical procedure, a visit to the Pre-Admission Testing Department may be required. During this appointment, you may expect to:
- Complete necessary demographic information and provide latest insurance cards
- Be asked about any prescription or over-the-counter medication you may be taking
- Be asked about any specific food, dye or medication allergies you may have
- Get a history and physical exam
- Obtain blood samples
- Get an X-ray
- Receive patient education material to prepare for your surgery
The Pre-Admission Testing Department is located on the lobby level near the front entrance. This area is currently under construction and will be moved into a luxurious new space by the end of 2011.
Pre-Admission Testing Reminders
- Bring your insurance information
- Bring all your medications
- Be sure to follow any pre-surgical instructions, including eating restrictions, medication intake and bathing instructions
- Remember to have someone to drive you home from any ambulatory or surgical procedure
For more information, contact Joseph Ferrara, RN, Nurse Manager at 718-818-1652.