Nursing in Behavioral Health
RUMC’s Behavioral Health Department provides all aspects of psychiatric and substance abuse care in both inpatient and outpatient settings.
Our outpatient clinics are located at numerous campuses on Staten Island, including:
- Mental Health at the Clifton Campus (75 Vanderbilt Avenue) and 690 Castleton Avenue
- The Mental Illness plus Chemical Abuse program (MICA) at the Clifton Campus
- Day treatment centers at Clifton Campus and Anna Erika Adult Home
- CTC clinic (mental illness plus developmental disability) at the Clifton Campus
- The Silberstein Center for Chemical Dependency (three- and five-day-a-week program plus clinic) on Forest Avenue.
We also have a drop-in center for substance abusers in need of shelter, but not medical intervention, on the Clifton Campus.
Our inpatient programs consist of Adult Mental Health at both the Clifton and Richmond University campuses, Child and Adolescent Mental Health at RUMC, and medically managed inpatient detox at the Clifton Campus.
We also have Staten Island’s only Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program (CPEP). This consists of a psychiatric Emergency Room and observation unit located at the Clifton Campus and a Mobile Outreach Program. The Mobile Teams serve all of Staten Island and professionals are specially trained to perform psychiatric evaluations outside the hospital environment.
To apply for a position in Nursing or any other department, please go to Find a Job.